Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The adventures of Pepe le Pooh and the Damn Shop Dogs

There I was, 10:30 at night, all by my lonesome with my head down pounding it out. The doors were open with a good little breeze flowing thru the shop. Fall has been thus far, toasty. The pups were out roaming in the field and they know mom doesn't want them out rolling in pooh, or something dead, or the dead somethings pooh. I'm still not sure what it is that makes them roll around in the most awful smells God creates. They love it. Mmmm, dead mouse on the ground. I want it on me. Mmmm, dead cat on the road. Yummy. Mmmm, dead fish, that's the best, get on me fish!

And then it came wafting in, no, streaming in and crawled up my nostrils all the way to the back of my skull. I thought of Loony Tunes and Pepe le Pooh.

This time Elly got a little more than she was looking for. Poor damn dog took one for the team right in the face. There she was foaming at the mouth with a very forlorn look on her face. And Betty who is not the model dog, somehow missed her shot. But, not to be left out, she quickly resolved that sniffing then grinding her neck and shoulder and rolling around in Ellys foam on the ground.

The odor then filled the whole shop, and did not go away. When I got home, it followed me, and when I got in the truck to come to work the next morning, it was there too. And I'm sure it is still on me, just like a turd you can't shake. The vinegar, baking soda and dish soap worked okay but they won't make it home for a day or three. Because, I really don't have anything better to do than wash the dogs.

Hence, my two favorite words to mutter every day: damn dogs.

2 comments:

  1. It's like that Seinfeld where Jerry could never get that smell out of his car. Your shop and truck are going to smell like that forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron's thought was the first thing that came to mind as well. Your dogs are not the only ones who like to do that. I have to watch our dog all the time when we go hiking.

    ReplyDelete